Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Classroom 2.0


After attending the orientation of the MERIT program at Krause Center for Innovation at Foothill college two Saturdays ago, my task is to complete 13 assignments by the end of May. I am currently working on assignment #8, which read, "Other important features of the web for teachers seeking to expand their professional contacts and resources are communities like Classroom 2.0.  Go to this site and explore the many groups that have been created by its members.  Choose one you like, and post a reply with the URL for that group and speak to how that group would be of value to what you do."


I browsed quite a few groups on the site and came across the group titled "Cellphones in Education" (http://www.classroom20.com/group/CellPhonesinEducation) and found it interesting how Polleverywhere.com was mentioned by a number of people. I have used it myself both in class with students and at a workshop where I polled the audience on what various SMART Notebook tools they found useful. And if you haven't tried Polleverywhere.com, I would highly recommend it.


I definitely think cell phones have their place in the classroom, and I think it would be worthwhile to look into it more.


By Alice Lung



0 comments:

Post a Comment